2017 Junior League of Bronxville Community Grant Application Instructions
The Junior League of Bronxville is pleased to consider your application for a community grant. As you complete the attached application, please keep in mind that the Junior League of Bronxville does not function primarily as a grant-giving agency. Donations from our Community Grant Fund represent a small portion of our annual budget, and generally the approved grants range from $150 to $2,000.
- The requesting agency must be a 501(c)3 organization that serves the area of the Junior League of Bronxville (Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Eastchester, Tuckahoe and Bronxville).
- The request should be for an immediate and specific need within the communities of Yonkers, Mount Vernon, Eastchester, Tuckahoe or Bronxville related to the alleviation of hunger, the improvement of nutrition or the improvement of the health and/or welfare of girls or women. Grants are not made for the purpose of salaries or to provide general operating support for the agency.Funding is generally limited to special projects, equipment purchases, and program enhancements.
- Grants are made on a one-time basis and only one application per organization will be considered. The Community Grant Fund is not a vehicle for on-going support.
- All applications will be considered on an individual merit basis and availability of funds.
- All applying agencies will be notified of the decision of the Junior League of Bronxville by April 15, 2017.
- Accompanying the notice of our grant, a Letter of Agreement will be sent. The agreement will be between the Junior League of Bronxville’s President, Agency Director, and Community Grant Chair. In this letter, the agency will agree to identify publicly the Junior League of Bronxville as a source of funding where appropriate, agree to provide copies of purchase invoices/receipts, provide status reports and/or contracts, and acknowledge that the Junior League of Bronxville cannot be considered a continuous source of funding.
- Upon approval and return of the signed Letter of Agreement, funds will be disbursed by check. If the Junior League of Bronxville grants part of the funds requested, the grant will be contingent upon proof of the applicant’s having secured total funding prior to December 31st of the current year.
- The Junior League of Bronxville reserves the right to reject any application for any reason and to attach conditions to any grant.
To be considered for funding for the 2017year, please return the following documents to the address below, postmarked no later than February 25, 2017.
- Community Grant Application and four additional copies
- Current available fiscal budget
- Two latest available audited financial statements
- Copy of your IRS examination letter confirming your tax-exempt organization status
Click here to download Community Grant Application 2017.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Sheridan Denfeld, Community Grants Fund Chair
81 Brookfield Rd.
Mount Vernon, NY 10552